Job Title: Unix/Linux Administrator -
More Unix/Linux Administrator Jobs
Location: TX - Houston
The Unix/Linux Administrator II is primarily responsible for providing consultation
and technical advice on IT infrastructure planning, engineering for assigned
systems. This individual translates business requirements and functional
specifications into technical requirements that support integrated and sustainable
designs for designated infrastructure systems.
The Unix/Linux Administrator II is also responsible for developing or modifying
infrastructure solutions within designated computing environments and for
supporting systems integration testing (SIT), component integration testing(CIT),
and user acceptance testing (UAT).
The Unix/Linux Administrator II leads the implementation and maintenance of
assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure successful deployment and
operation. An individual in this role also participates in all system development
lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and
industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and 6+ years of
experience in an IT support environment with technical experience in distributed
technologies and systems development. Additional equivalent work experience may
be substituted for the degree requirement.
· 2+ years of experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports ·
· 4+ years scripting experience usingUNIX/Linux scripting languages. ·
· 4+ years experience in the design andconfiguration of Unix/Linux server
· 4+ years experience working withUnix/Linux system software.
· 4+ years experience working withserver hardware management tools and/or server
· 4+ years experience working with operatingsystem and client/server utilities.
· Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
· 2+ years of experience leading technical or project teams with or without direct
· 2+ years of work experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior
management (i.e., Director level or higher) 3+ years of experience working in a large
· 3+ years of experience working with third party IT vendors and/or systems solution
· 3 + years of IT experience in the retail industry 3+ years of experience writing
technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment
· 3+ years experience in theconfiguration and administration of remote access and
· Linux Professional Institutecertification or other comparable Linux certification.
· IBM Systems Administrator (AIX 7)certification or other comparable AIX
· Redhat Engineer or Architectcertification(s).
· HPSystems Administrator or Engineer certification
Other Job Information