Job Title: Sr. Contract Administrator -
More Sr. Contract Administrator Jobs
Administers large moderately complex (sub)contracts. Maintains a continuing review
of the progress of each (sub)contract and provides management with information
regarding any financial, legal or technical difficulties. Prepares change order and
amendments, negotiates with (sub)contractors and customers to obtain settlement.
- Reports directly to the (Sub)contracts or Site Manager.
- Receives technical and functional guidance from the (Sub)contract Administration
- May provide operational supervision to (Sub)contract Specialist(s) and/or other
- Maintains internal contacts with managers and supervisors and participates in
negotiations with customers.
EFFECTIVE JOB DUTIES
1. Implement the Division Responsibilities Matrix which records the Projectís agreed
assignment of various (sub)contract management tasks and the Standard Work
Process Procedures applicable to (Sub)Contract Administration.
2. Administers assigned (sub)contracts maintaining a continual review of progress
and providing management with information regarding projected financial or technical
3. Coordinates with designated staff on operational activities affecting contractual
rights and obligations, (sub)contract performance, (sub)contract administration and
other major matters.
4. Administers moderately complex contract changes by negotiating with customer
personnel and obtaining settlement.
5. Represents Bechtel in contractual discussions of moderate complexity.
6. Administers information programs to ensure mutual understanding of
(sub)contract terms and conditions.
7. Prepares periodic status reports for management.
Basic knowledge of procurement regulations, policies and practices.
Specialized courses or experience in pricing, contract law, negotiations and
Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices and
Bechtel policies, procedures and work practices.
Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
Experience in developing contract types, fee arrangements and contract terms.
Experience in developing and recommending potential solutions to contractual
problems to management.
Administers complex (sub)contracts. Extensive knowledge and experience in
(sub)contract administration required. Represents Bechtel in (sub)contract
Other Job Information