Job Title: BUSINESS VALUATION AND LITIGATION MANAGER -
More BUSINESS VALUATION AND LITIGATION MANAGER Jobs
BUSINESS VALUATION AND LITIGATION MANAGER
The ideal candidate will be a CPA who will manage all aspects of litigation and
business valuation engagements. This is a fantastic opportunity for a financial
expert with experience working with a team of professionals to identify, organize and
analyze data on all different kinds of engagements including shareholder disputes,
matrimonial disputes, forensic accounting, damage calculations, and estate and gift
· Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field.
· Active CPA license required.
· 3-5 years accounting experience in a consulting, financial services or
public accounting company.
· Minimum 2 years business valuation experience with a public
accounting or consulting environment.
· Expertise in broad based business and financial valuations, multi-
discipline appraisals, and fairness opinions, especially those of closely held
companies, focusing on federal and state tax, financial report, and estate planning,
as well as for tangible and intangible assets including purchase price allocations,
intellectual property, ESOPs, and estate and gift and other non litigation valuations.
· Understanding of financial theory, general accounting issues, and
· Experience in corporate and individual income taxes.
· Consult on large and complex litigated disputes and provide financial
insight and clarity to counsel during all stages of a business dispute, from case
theory development and discovery to expert witness testimony.
· Serve as consultant to attorneys, assist in preparing questions for
discovery and deposition of potential witnesses, serve as an expert witness, assist
in reviewing and refuting the testimony and analysis of other expert witnesses,
design court exhibits, and participate in depositions and court as necessary.
· Manage and apply business valuation approaches and methods to a
variety of tangible and non tangible assets, including equity valuations, option
analysis, and purchase allocations.
· Manage the assembly, maintenance, and finalization of working papers
that support valuations.
· Perform valuations for privately held companies and/or high wealth
individuals for purposes of damages litigation, marital dissolution, estate and gift
taxes, stockholder disputes and other business dispute cases.
· Help companies and individuals define, measure and articulate the
value of their assets by providing independent and well-supported valuation reports
based on economic and industry research and financial appraisal analysis and
· Manage and perform data and document intensive financial analysis
and modeling / projections, strategic analysis, economic and statistical analysis,
due diligence, valuation analysis, damage calculations and analysis, GAAP,
litigation support, industry research, and related investigative assignments.
· Assist in selling a business pursuant to a settlement.
· Assist in compiling “Tax Affected” marital estates.
· Financial analysis to determine separate property interests.
· Write business valuation and litigation support reports.
· Perform company, industry and economic research.
· Assess operational profitability and financial condition.
· Develop and review cash flow forecasts.
· Navigate public company databases and filings.
· Write narrative reports to support valuation appraisal analysis.
Other Job Information
City: Tinley Park
Salary Range: Open