Job Title: Java Developer -
More Java Developer Jobs
Location: VA - Alexandria
As a Development Professional, you will work in the Single Family Architecture and Platforms department of
the Information Technology division. This team supports Single-Family business systems and applications.
You should be an enthusiastic individual who is willing to learn and adapt in a team environment. This
position will be responsible for the full software development lifecycle of Appian BPM and Java/J2EE based
* Design, develop, modify, integrate, test, deploy and support enterprise-level Appian based BPM and
* Translate business process software requirement specifications into Appian process model prototypes and
* Support planning activities, such as impact and level of effort analysis.
* Deliver projects in either Agile or Waterfall software development methodologies, as project dictates.
* Design and implement complex enterprise integrations with industry standard technologies such as DB2,
Sybase, Weblogic, LDAP/TAM, Active Directory and other internal systems in the enterprise.
* Develop and use library of reusable Appian components that can be leveraged in the enterprise.
* Conduct and participate in detailed design reviews and validate that the design follows the approved
* Participate in the day-to-day activities of the Appian BPM and Java development teams.
* At least 2 or more years of experience in Information Technology.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent working
* At least 2 years of hands-on experience in design, implementation and production support of Appian BPM
applications. Work experience must be with Appian version 7.x or higher.
* At least 2 years of hands-on experience in design, implementation and production support of Java/J2EE
* Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to analyze system functionality with customer and
resolve production issues.
* Experience in tuning the system for performance improvements and performance related system design.
* Thorough understanding of relational databases, SQL, XML and web services
* Experience applying Object Oriented Analysis and Design principles.
* Experience with systems and software architecture.
* Experience with Weblogic, IBM DB2, Sybase, MS SQL Server, UNIX/Linux.
* Exposure to infrastructure, network and enterprise scale environments.
* Experience in the financial services industry.
* Ability to work well under pressure, some tight deadlines and with ambiguity on some projects.
Other Job Information
Salary Range: $100K